Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Array of Activities


Yep. The story behind this is below.

Weekend Activities:

Friday night after creating a Greek salad/sausage feast for ourselves, we got all dressed up with clothes from the “Whitney Store” (how she was able to bring that much clothes blows my mind) and then made our way out on the town. We went to the bars in Psiri. First bar we went to was pretty snazzy. We went to the back where there were velvety couches and chairs and these magnificent artistically painted paper lanterns. I forced Mandee to take a picture because I will make those one day. Super simple, super cheap, super cool! Per usual we began dancing in the bar while no one else did but soon Greg was able to round up some troops to dance as well. He has a way of wooing Greeks and other foreigners into conversations and into dancing as well. This skill I will work on. Second bar we went to was TOTALLY empty, yet we stayed anyway. They had a section of the floor lit up from underneath so I am going to say that it the real reason we stayed. I have to admit, its pretty fun to have a whole bar to yourselves. We could just dance and run all over the floor. Soon enough these other foreigners came into the bar. Man #1: Australian, long shaggy blonde hair, button up shit with only the bottom button done, jeans. This man did the scissor dance move ALL NIGHT. He was lovin that light up floor fo’ sure. If you got in his way you would have definitely been punched in the face by accident. Throughout the night his shirt went from one button, to no buttons. (At that point you should probably just take your shirt off so its not flapping around everywhere.) Man #2: forget pretty much everything about him other than he was either from Jersey or had lived there at one point. Anyway, bar #2 was fun and upon leaving we searched for the closest food stop. Luckily it was literally across the street. We got the biggest sandwiches of all time. Huge roll, some kind of ham spread, some other spread, some spicy spread, tomato, chicken, lettuce, onion, carrot, french fries and god knows what else... it was soooooo goooooood! The next day Jimmy goes on to tell me that he wasn’t hungry and that’s why he didn’t get one. I proceed to remind him that he didn’t get one because he ate half of mine by pulling off piece by piece with his grimy fingers. Let’s be honest, probably... and by probably I mean definitely, would have regretted eating that entire thing.

Saturday we went to the beach in Athens. This beach was only about 3 stops down from the beautiful one we had gone to before, except it was wayyyy shittier. The beach was made up of stones rather than sand, we were swimming in legit trash and poop, and people seemed to be stalking us in the water. Other than that, oh, and the mashed potato woman the beach was good. Ok, so this was not in any way a nude beach. As Whitney and I move in the water we notice that a woman who’s back is turned to us in the water is wearing a thong bathing suit. At this moment we also notice that she is not wearing a top. As she leaves the water her ass becomes exposed and looks nothing like what we were prepared for. This woman is very large and we decided that mashed potatoes kind of describes the sight. Don’t get me wrong, I love here that most people are comfortable showing off their bodies. It is very different than America in that way, but this woman took that liberty too far with what she did next. As she laid in her lounge chair, legs spread butterfly style in her little thong, with her arms behind her head I couldn’t even find the words for such a thing. Luckily I was around the back of her chair at this time, but seriously... she had to be tanning the inside of her vagina in this position. No joke. I didn’t go look because that would have been the end of my life as I know it, but the poor guy who’s lounge chair was directly below hers probably got a fantastic view of it. Gets worse. She doesn’t feel comfortable enough in this position and so she proceeds to put her one leg vertical in the air to rest against an umbrella stand. ahhhmmm. WHATTTT! We decided that this woman had to at one point be a prostitute or something with the amount of show boating that she was trying to achieve. She would get out of her chair now and again, walk a few feet down the beach, stand there for a minute and then return to her posish in the chair. Never seen anything like this spectacle in my life. First time for everything I guess.

Later that night, drinks, then Eleni and I crash a 10 year alumni reunion on campus, get some free drinks, eat as much free food as we can, grab the best piece of cake ever in the world and then get kicked out of the party. So to recap, in the last two weeks I have crashed two different private parties and have gotten free cake at both. Boy can I get used to this life or what...

Next day: Festiki Festival (Pistachio Festival) on Aegina Island. An hour ferry ride and we are there. The main street of the Island is lined with little booths selling scrumptious looking goodies made out of pistachios, venders selling T-shirts, and handcrafted jewelry and art. LOVE IT! I bought a few cute pieces of jewelry that will come with the memory of the festival! The Island was very quaint. Horse drawn carriages were being ridden down the main street along the festival tents, people were eating at cafes along the waterfront, the alley ways were colorful and crowded. In my rushed morning pull-together I neglected to bring anything for an island and came only with my camera and money. So, I had to go on a bathing suit search. Here is where I found the most beautiful swim suit I have ever seen. Seeing as most European bathing suits are quite skimpy I decided that I could go one of two ways. A.) I could get so skimpy bathing suit that barely covered my large ass that I would probably never wear again, or B.) I could get a swim suit that would always be remembered and cherished as fucking weird. I chose the latter. I found a one-piece that was only considered a one-piece because of the 3 metal rings that held together the top and bottom of the suit. On top of this, the suit was created with every animal print imaginable and then some. I will provide the picture for full affect. Absolutely absurd and nothing I would buy for real, but at the time it seemed like a sound investment.

Tuesday: My Bday. Welp, as my main Birthday present I received the flu. That morning I woke up with the chills and hot flashes like non-other. All throughout the day at work my head was on fire. Upon getting home at 4:30pm I had a 102.5 degree fever. Fucking shit. Isn’t 103 like when you’re dying!? Awesome. So instead of raging on my Birthday, I slept. I am sure that I will make up for it at some point. The teachers at school were adorable and got me a cake and sang to me during the staff meeting :) I love my boss. She is the best! It was a chocolate cake with cherry middle, vanilla cream type stuff. The presentation was gorgeous. The cake was topped with heaps of shaved chocolate. mmmm mmmm was it good. My fellow fellows made me TP (‘toilet paper’ for those of you that don’t know) signs on my door for my bday and wrote me a cute note. Chris got me some black TP (cool right) and Greg came up big with some green tea and little cakes that night seeing as I couldn’t quite move. They are the best! Anyway, here I am, in bed. Day three of my body slowly crumbling. Hopefully I will be back in action tomorrow. Going to Vienna the first week in October. Gots to be ready for that!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment